BOYINGTON-COTITO BOUT PROMISES FIREWORKS AT NEF X

Bruce Boyington at NEF Nations Collide Canadian Invasion in Bangor last month

Bruce Boyington at NEF Nations Collide Canadian Invasion in Bangor last month 450x300 BOYINGTON COTITO BOUT PROMISES FIREWORKS AT NEF X

Lewiston, Maine (August 15, 2013) – New England Fights Mixed Martial Arts (NEF MMA) today announced the addition of a professional featherweight bout to the fight promotion’s September 21 event at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee. The match will feature Bruce “Pretty Boy” Boyington (3-5) of Brewer, Maine taking on Hollis, New Hampshire’s Walter Smith Cotito (1-2) at a weight of 145 pounds.

Boyington is coming off a first-round victory over Asa Zorn (0-3) last month at NEF MMA’s “Nations Collide: Canadian Invasion” event in Bangor. That win provided a much needed break to a three-fight losing streak Boyington had been on since September 2012. Prior to that time, Boyington’s career received a jolt following a highlight-reel, spin-kick knockout of Keegan Hornstra (1-6) that made international headlines, was featured prominently on AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” program, and has to date garnered close to 300,000 Youtube views. The Taekwondo practitioner will now look for a measure of revenge of sorts against Cotito whose Triumph BJJ teammate, John Ortolani (7-7), defeated Boyington last November.

“I’m excited for this fight in September because I can showcase my skills through a legitimate opponent and on no better stage than that of NEF’s,” said Boyington. “I’m thrilled to maintain the momentum our team, Young’s MMA, has going!”

Cotito, who went undefeated during his amateur career, is no stranger to Boyington’s teammates at Young’s MMA either. His most recent loss as a professional came at the hands of Ray “All Business” Wood (4-0). Wood, the reigning NEF MMA Maine State Featherweight Champion and a teammate of Boyington at Young’s, defeated Cotito via third-round TKO in a bout in Salem, NH this past spring. No doubt Cotito will be looking to avenge that loss when he steps into the cage with Bruce Boyington on September 21 in Lewiston.

“I’m excited to fight,” noted Cotito. “But I don’t think too much about my strategy or opponent–I just want to fight.”

“This is a bout we’ve been looking to make for a while now,” stated NEF MMA matchmaker and co-owner Matt Peterson. “Young’s and Triumph are two of the most well-respected and well-operated camps in the northeast. They both have a history of producing great fighters. And if the past bouts between these two teams are any indicator, this fight is going to be very exciting.”

NEF MMA promoter and co-owner Nick DiSalvo mirrored his business partner’s sentiments when reached for comment. “Walter Smith Cotito and Bruce Boyington have individually produced some of the most memorable fights in recent New England MMA history,” said DiSalvo. “Putting them in the cage together promises nothing but fireworks at NEF X.”

“NEF X” is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 21, 2013 at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine. Tickets start at just $25 and are on sale now at www.TheColisee.com. The card will feature Maine State Featherweight Champion Ray “All Business” Wood (4-0) defending his title against Rhode Island’s Joe Pingitore (4-0-1). Also scheduled is a 155-pound bout between Jon Lemke (3-1) and John Ortolani (7-7) to fill the recently vacated Maine State Lightweight Championship. For more information on this and past events, please visit the promotion’s website at www.NewEnglandFights.com. In addition, you can watch NEF videos at www.youtube.com/NEFMMA, follow them on Twitter @nefights and join the official Facebook group “New England Fights.”



Submit Your Article!

LOG IN or REGISTER here to submit
your article directly to the site:
Log In ...or please send all e-mails, press releases or articles to

mmazone@gmail.com

- We will not consider previously published articles. - Do not copy articles from other sites!