Friday, February 10, 2012 8:30pm ET featuring Ring of Combat 38 at Tropicana Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. The main event, ROC Light Heavyweight Champion Tom DeBlass (6-0) defends his title against Randy Smith (13-9-1). DeBlass is an undefeated fighter who trains out of the Renzo Gracie Academy and has improved his overall game with every fight. A strong grappler, DeBlass also has put together a top-notch striking game and looks to show a new layer to his MMA game against Smith. For Smith, riding a 2-fight win streak of his own, he comes into the contest with almost four times the experience as the champion and brings a tough ground and pound game.
It will be very interesting to see how the fight plays out as many times, two grapplers will turn into boxers or kickboxers and put on a standup fight. Expect both DeBlass and Smith to first try out their wrestling and submission game to test their opponent. The winner of this bout has to be considered the top 205 lb prospect in the Northeast, which puts him on the radar of the UFC, so that combined with a title fight makes this main event a great fight. In the co-main event, for the vacant Featherweight Title, Jeff Lentz (8-3-1) battles Giovanni Moljo (4-4) for king of the 145 lb division. Lentz is a Bellator veteran and is coming off 2 wins and 1 draw in his last 3 fights. For the New Jersey native, Lentz, this is the second time he has had the opportunity to go for ROC gold as he lost via decision on his first attempt. Lentz has finished 6 of his 8 opponents and he is ready finish this fight and not leave it in the hands of the judges so expect him to come out guns blazing from the opening bell. For Moljo this is a great opportunity to win gold and a rare no-lose situation. Lentz was supposed to take on former ROC Champion Deividas Taurosevicus but fate turned in the favor of Moljo who now has a chance to shake up the ROC featherweight division with a victory. In other action, former ROC Welterweight Champion Pete Sell (9-6) is back in action facing Mitch Whitesel (16-20) in a 170 lb scrap. For Sell, this is his first bout since losing the title so it will be interesting to see his game plan for Whitesel. Will he come out aggressive or tentative? Knowing Sell, it will be full speed ahead. For Whitesel, a veteran of Strikeforce, this is an opportunity to add another well-known name to his list of opponents and prove once again, that he is willing to fight anyone in the business at the drop of a hat. For the winner, a title fight is not too far off so this is a big fight for both men.
– Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:00pm ET featuring Spartan Fighting Championship 12 presents Invasion at the Morehead Conference Center in Morehead, Kentucky. In the main event, Billy Poe (7-4) fights Steve Bell (4-3) with Poe’s SFC 185 lb Amateur Title at stake. Poe won the championship last November with a second round TKO win. 5 of 7 wins for Poe have come via stoppage and he will look to make Bell number 6. A strong all around fighter, Poe can finish on his feet or on the ground. This is a dangerous fight for Bell, but the spoils are huge if Bell can defeat the champ. Bell is a top flight grappler who has submitted 75% of his opponents. Look for him to try and get Poe to the ground and finish the fight with a choke. This bout promises to tear down the house as both Poe and Bell are always in attack mode. In the co-main event, for the SFC 145 lb Amateur Title, undefeated Champion Bill Conley (7-0) defends against Blayne Hodges (5-1) in what is sure to be a high octane title fight between two top featherweights. Conley has never been pushed yet in his career. A rangy fighter, who stands 6’0″, Conley poses a tough matchup for fellow featherweights, with his long limbs. His specialty is the triangle choke, so that is something Hodges will have to be ready to defend if it goes to the ground. As luck would have it, Hodges is also an experienced grappler and he two likes to end fights with the triangle choke, finishing his last two opponents by this exact move. For fans of grappling, this has all of the makings for fight of the night as there will be a lot of great action if things hit the mat. Also up for grabs is the SFC 135 lb Amateur Title when Champion Ronnie Jordan (7-2) defends his title against an opponent to be determined. Jordan is a powerhouse in the bantamweight division and executes a strong ground game from the top, landing devastating ground and pound combined with slick submission work. Whoever the opponent is is going to have his hands full in this title bout.
– Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:00pm ET featuring The Big Lot Presents Cummings vs Stafford from the O’Reilly Family Event Center, Springfield, Missouri. At 13-3, Zak Cummings has the UFC in his near plans. However, Oklahoma City’s Lamont ‘KO KID’ Stafford has other plans. Very athletic, Stafford most likely has the advantage everywhere but on the ground. Stafford is bigger (6’5″), stronger, and much more athletic. If this fight stays standing, it could be a long night for the hometown fighter. If Cummings is able to get Stafford on the ground, Zak will most likely prevail. Styles make fights, and this one will be fun to watch. Recently offered a UFC fight, this is likely Whitney’s last fight in Springfield. He’s a joy to work with as when he says ‘I want to fight the best,’ he means it. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find someone to rise to the occasion and fight Andrew. Brandon Wood is an Iraq War Veteran, who’s very tough and durable. Both guys prefer to wrestle, but want to stand up. This one should be a stand-up battle, and fun for all involved. Top fighters from local gyms collide when Shepard (Springfield Fit 2 Fight) and Golden (Team Fusion) meet. Golden earned a reputation as one of the top amateurs around over the last few years, and will have a stiff challenge in his pro debut vs. Shepard. Both guys are elite wrestlers. Even better do they genuinely dislike one another? That often makes for ‘fight of the night.’
– Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:00pm ET featuring Cut Throat MMA – Babes and Brawls 10 at the Atlantis Gentlemen’s Club in Ford Heights, Illinois. Cut Throat MMA keeps churning out first-rate events and has quickly established itself as one of the top dogs in the loaded Midwest MMA scene
– Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:30pm ET featuring Fight Night Round XVIII – Clash at the College from The Everett Community College Fitness Center in Everett, Washington. FNE is one of the largest and quickest growing companies throughout the State dedicated to delivering an exhilarating, entertaining, fighter-beneficial, and spectator satisfying experience through each of its promotions. Our organization is proud to say that each event has produced an amazing show of skill and performance displayed through exceptional Fighter Match Making. FNE works close together with a match making affiliate in which helps organize the outstanding performances displayed at each Fight Night event.
– Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:30pm ET featuring Rise of a Warrior 5 at the Havert L. Fenn Center in Fort Pierce, Florida. In the main event, for the 155 lb championship, Chad Livingston (5-0) takes on Charles Rosa (9-1). Livingston has been on a tear in the Rise of a Warrior cage, going 4 for 4. Now, as the champion he looks to make it 5 for 5 with Rise of a Warrior as he defends his title against tough challenger Rosa. Rosa’s only loss was a controversial split decision and his wins have come at variety of ways, including KO and submission. This will definitely be the toughest test for Livingston. An experienced grappler, Rosa presents a lot of challenges on the ground, but even more than that is he has twice the amount of cage time as Livingston. For Livingston this is a tremendous opportunity to defend his title against one of the very best lightweights in Florida. The winner of this bout should turn pro as they will have nothing left to prove in the amateur ranks. This bout is sure to be “fight of the night” as these two fighters will bring it. In other action, 16 fighters will compete in a tournament to crown a 170lb champion. The first round will be on February 11, which means 8 tourney fights are scheduled… FNE is one of the largest and quickest
Other events this week: Pro-Wrestling: Impact Zone Wrestling-Violent Valentine: Feb 11, 2012 8:00pm ET. Pro Wrestling Onslaught – Empire Ryzing 3 Feb 12, 4:00pm ET.
GFL now offers full access to over 6,000 fights for the low monthly price of $9.99 subscribe now at www.GFL.tv
***GFL is a pioneer in Internet Sports Broadcasting. Over the years GFL has broadcast more than 1200 live events with over 6000 combat sports videos in 196 countries. GFL is especially proud to have served greater than 5 million public viewers over the years with more than 250 combat sports related website affiliates in its network. GFL is also available on Roku, Android, IPhone, IPad, as well as other internet ready devices. Check the event page for details.